Christmas is less than a week away. If you want to avoid the malls or the large credit card bills in January, consider some of these thoughtful gifts for your honey:
- Write a love letter—Always my favorite choice.
- Schedule a night away with your spouse, and make a coupon or card with the details. If you don’t want to spend the money on a hotel or a sitter, offer to trade overnight childcare with a friend so that you each get a night at home alone.
- Make coupons for things you provide that your spouse loves—massages, their favorite dinner, breakfast in bed, ironing for a week, etc. Coupons for “intimate” services will probably be your hubby’s favorite gift.
- Offer to watch the kids while your spouse takes a long bubble bath or goes shopping or watches football with friends.
- Vacuum and wash the car.
- Ask your spouse what would make their holiday special or memorable this year, then try to make that happen.
- Even if you have to wait until after Christmas, spend some quality time with just the two of you reconnecting. Sip a warm drink by the fire, take a drive to look at Christmas lights, play your favorite game together, or go to bed early.
What’s your favorite gift to give or receive? Have a blessed Christmas with those you love.