Parenting Magazine shared 6 things your hubby may not want to tell you but is often feeling, at least according to one guy’s opinion. Check out the article for the full explanation, but here’s a short synopsis for you:
- I want to cuddle. He may be as surprised as you that he enjoys this bonding time, but cuddling can be a relief after a difficult day, even if sex isn’t happening—although they’d prefer it be happening, too.
- Initiate in bed. Husbands often tire of always having to initiate, and feeling that sex is a chore on your list. Increasing your interest and surprising him by initiating go a long way toward making him feel loved.
- I’m fed up with date night. Traditional date nights can be boring and expected. Try doing something off-beat like dropping the kids off at school, taking a day off of work and spending the day together having fun, seeing a movie or whatever strikes you. Or at least try a less structured date where you’re not focused on how much the sitter is costing you or talking about the kids.
- I need more guy time. Either take turns spending a little time with friends, or hire a sitter and occasionally go spend time with girl/guy friends.
- You look hot. Even without makeup while washing the dishes. “We know you’re convinced we’re crazy – how can we possibly think you look sexy when you feel overweight and out of shape, when you haven’t gotten a pedicure in ages and your eyebrows need to be waxed, when your clothes are all puke-stained, and when you haven’t showered in two days? We get it. But you know what? We still think you’re hot,” writes Ian Kerner.
- It turns me on that you’re the mother of my child. “The sense of manliness that’s wrapped up in you and the kids and our little family is a wellspring of sexual self-esteem,” adds Kerner.
I think men probably feel many of these things, especially number two. Perhaps they don’t think it’s worth their energy to discuss, because they think they know how their wife will respond.
Do you think husbands are thinking any of these things? If so, do you think they are reluctant to communicate the messages? What are the topics you don’t feel are easy to communicate with your spouse? Do you worry that even compliments might get taken the wrong way?
Photo by photostock courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net.