Have you got a wedding to attend but don’t know how to say thank you after it? Maybe it is your wedding and you don’t know how to say thank you after it? Or are you curious and want to know more?
No matter what your reason is, we are here with the answers for you!
Knowing what to say after attending a wedding can be tricky.
Regardless of your relationship to the happy couple, it can be tricky to find the right words and thank them for your invite and share kind words about their wedding (especially if you have had a few drinks).
You might also not get a chance to speak to them before leaving and feel awkward texting them thanks after.
The same applies for the happy couple! It is impossible to see everyone before they leave your wedding, so how do you thank them for their attendance?
There are thank you notes you can send, of course, but what should you write? How do you communicate your feelings clearly?
These questions haunt both guests and the happy couple, and with time passing, it becomes more and more awkward to thank the other.
But no more! Today, we are here with the answers you need. Keep reading to find out how to say thank you after attending a wedding as a guest and as the happy couple!
We have lots of tips and inspiration below for you.
How To Say Thank You After Attending A Wedding
Let’s dive straight into it. There are a few ways that you can say thank you after attending a wedding or to thank your guests for attending your wedding.
These include texts, thank you notes, and we even added some phrases you can use!
It’s important to thank the happy couple for inviting you to their wedding, after all, it cost them money to have you there as part of their special day! Plus, you want them to know how much you enjoyed their special day.
And as a happy couple, it’s important to thank your guests for attending. They have taken time out of their busy lives and spent money to be with you.
They might have even helped you plan the wedding or set up the room for the day. Thanking them shows how you appreciate their help. It’s always nice to be thanked isn’t it?
So now let’s look at how you can say thank you after a wedding.
How To Say Thank You As A Wedding Guest
Here are a few ways you can say thank you as a wedding guest. We have a little list below for you to check out.
- Thank the happy couple in person as you leave the wedding. This is great if you can grab their attention, and you will usually only need to say a quick, ‘thank you for inviting me, it’s been a beautiful day,’ and be on your way.
- Text or call after the day. Here you can text them a similar message, thanking them for the invite and sharing part of the wedding you loved. If you have more time, a phone call is always appreciated.
- Thank them in person after the wedding. If you see the couple regularly, you can thank them in person when you see them next and discuss what you loved about the wedding. They are sure to want to talk about their special day!
- Send a card or note. If you forgot to send a wedding card, send one after the fact and include your thank you note! Something like, ‘thanks for the invite, we loved your special day! Here’s to many happy years together,’ will do the trick!
As a wedding guest, it’s important to thank the couple for inviting you, but you don’t need to go overboard. They will be inundated with messages, so keep yours to the point!
Plus, if you have spoken to them before the wedding or while they were planning it, they know you were grateful for the invite!
How To Say Thank You As The Happy Couple
As the happy couple, there are a few ways you can thank guests for attending your wedding. Let’s take a look at them now.
- At the wedding. During your speeches you can thank your guests for attending. This works as a universal thank you to everyone. You can say, ‘me and X would like to thank you for attending our wedding, we really appreciate it.’
- As they are leaving. If you catch your guests as they are leaving you can thank them one by one. This might be difficult to do as there will be lots of people chatting to you! A simple, ‘thank you for coming, we hope you enjoyed,’ will work here.
- As thank you notes. Finally, you can use thank you notes to thank each guest for attending. You can also thank them for any gifts you have received from them. Some thank you notes will come with a pre-written message or you can write your own. Be as personal here as you like!
We recommend using thank you notes to thank your guests for attending. People love getting a personalized card in the mail, so why not surprise them with one?
You can often purchase them in bulk at an affordable price too. You can get them to match the theme of your wedding, or a different one entirely that reflects your personality!
And there you have it, all the ways to say thank you after attending a wedding!
Whether you are a guest unsure what to say or the happy couple unsure how to thank guests, we hope you have found this useful!
Don’t forget to say thank you after attending a wedding and let the happy couple know how much you enjoyed or your favorite part!