Are you unsure how to print addresses on envelopes for your wedding? Maybe you have been asked to help a friend print addresses on envelopes and aren’t sure how to?
Or are you curious and want to know more? No matter the reason that brought you here, we have the answer for you!
Printing addresses on envelopes for your wedding can be tricky, especially if you have never done it before.
You don’t want to mess them up, wasting envelopes and potentially ruining your invitations, so you head online for some help. But you are met with conflicting and contradicting advice that leaves you unsure where to turn or who to trust.
Frustrated and disappointed, you don’t know how to proceed with your envelopes.
Well, no more! Today, we are here with the answers you need! Keep reading to find out how to print addresses on envelopes for a wedding and everything you need to know about them! Let’s dive straight into it!
How To Print Addresses On Envelopes For Wedding
There are a few different ways you can print addresses on envelopes for your wedding.
It’s no secret that weddings can be expensive, and not everyone has the budget to hire a professional calligrapher to address envelopes for their wedding. Plus, not everyone wants to!
So today, we have a few options that you can explore to help you find an option that best suits you! Let’s have a look at them now!
Purchase Pre-Printed Envelopes
If you have the budget, you can purchase pre-printed envelopes. These can be purchased from a variety of online printing stores, like Vistaprint, and delivered to your door.
Then you can simply pop your invites in and post them out!
This method can be a little time-consuming as you will need to enter everyone’s address manually, and it can be an expensive option too.
But if you don’t have the time to print them out yourself, then it’s an option worth considering. Plus, the cost of the envelopes is often included!
You do need to make sure that the envelopes you order are the right size for your invitations, so double check your measurements before you press pay!
Print With A Template
Now, if you don’t want to use a printing service, then you can print addresses on your envelopes yourself. To make it easy for yourself, we think it’s best to use a template.
You can just input the information you need and print! Each envelope will look the same, everyone will think you had the envelopes professionally printed.
You can use the free template here from Ijeomakola for free! It works for local and international envelopes, so no matter where in the world your guests are, their invitations will find them!
You can use our step-by-step guide below to print addresses on your envelopes. To do this, you will need a printer, your envelopes, paper, and access to a computer or laptop!
Make sure you have enough paper for each envelope you are sending and you are good to go! Check out how you can print addresses on your wedding envelopes now.
- To start, you need to gather all of the addresses you are sending invitations to. We found it easiest to use an Excel spreadsheet where we entered all of the address information.
- Once you have that, you can create your envelope template. We think Microsoft Word is the best option. You can pay for Word or take advantage of the free online version. You can use the font, size, and style you want here or use the free template we suggested earlier! The choice is yours here, just make sure the design you create will fit on the envelope!
- Next, complete a mail merge. This will move all the data from your Excel spreadsheet to your envelope template, without needing to enter the information manually to each envelope. It saves tons of time! Just make sure to check the addresses are correct before the mail merge.
- Now it’s time to print! Make sure you check the paper size and scale before printing. We found it easier to print one per piece of paper, at 90% scale for A6. As each envelope address prints, leave it flat so that the ink can dry.
- Once printed, you can secure each address to an envelope. You can use glue here for a seamless finish, or tape if you prefer. Whichever option you choose, make sure the paper is secured correctly to the envelope. You don’t want it coming loose!
- To finish, pop your invitation in the envelope and seal it shut.
- Repeat until all the envelopes have the address printed on them!
If you have a printer that can print on a range of paper sizes and thickness, then you might want to print the invitation directly onto the envelope.
Here, make sure that the sizing is correct and that the font color is suitable for the color envelopes you are using.
We recommend doing a trial run first to ensure that the results are what you want before you print all your addresses directly onto your envelopes!
Handwrite Your Addresses
Finally, you could choose to handwrite your addresses on your envelopes yourself. This is the preferred method for those on a budget, as all you need is a pen!
You could also spend some time teaching yourself or practicing calligraphy before writing out your addresses.
Doing so will allow you to create fancier addressed envelopes, but it can be time-consuming!
No matter how you write the addresses, it will be time-consuming to address each envelope yourself, but it is a budget-friendly option worth considering.
And there you have it, how you can print addresses on envelopes for your wedding. We hope you have found an option here that suits your budget and needs!
Don’t forget to check out the template we shared earlier to print your addresses easily from the comfort of your home!