“Keeping the Sparks Alive” Series
For men, if it has to do with food and/or sex, you are probably onto something that will please him.
For women, if it sounds romantic, you’ll probably make her day. It doesn’t have to be the MOST original idea ever, although she will find it romantic if you remembered something she saw and liked. The vast majority of ladies out there would be thrilled if their husband used one of these tried-and-true ideas:
- Bring home her favorite flowers with a sweet note,
- Draw her a bubble bath and light some candles (warm a towel in the dryer),
- Give her a massage (with some great-smelling oil/lotion), or
- Write her a love letter (my favorite gift suggestion), or even give her a special toast over dinner or champagne.
- Or, follow up on one of those hints she’s dropped for you.
Even though I’ve had this post scheduled for a while, I keep seeing some of these ideas on other web sites. That’s OK. Don’t feel your gift has to be the most original. She really doesn’t want a gadget no one has heard of. What’s more important is how you deliver on your gift idea and make your sweetie feel she is the most special one for you.
It’s also National Marriage Week (Feb. 7-14), so even if you don’t want to celebrate Valentine’s Day, do something great this week to celebrate your marriage!
Do you have any special plans for this week?
Hitched Magazine makes the case for celebrating Valentine’s Day. We’ve all referred to it as “just a Hallmark holiday,” but read why it might be good for us after all.
Photo Credit ©Peter Haken/PhotoXpress.com